Craps at New Online Casinos: Everything You Need to Know
Newly established casinos present players with more exciting opportunities to enjoy Craps.
Online craps can be played virtually anywhere if you have a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. The game has become increasingly popular over the past few years because of new online casinos entering the casino market. If you love craps and want a different experience, there is no better way than going to new online casinos.
One of the best things about playing craps at new casinos online is the bonuses one can receive just for playing. For new online casinos, craps bonuses are often offered to encourage players to join the casino.
Popularity of Craps at New Casinos Online
The online craps community is much smaller than that of online blackjack, slots, or even roulette. However, the game's popularity cannot be underestimated, considering the number of especially new online casinos that offer craps. With these gambling platforms, players can now enjoy craps without having to travel to a brick-and-mortar casino. Here is why crap's popularity continues to soar online:
- Mobile-Friendly. Whether you have Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone, or other smartphones, online craps is mobile-friendly. That means you can play the game anywhere, anytime. Today, many new online casino players prefer accessing games on mobile. So, any mobile-compatible game is sure to be a big hit.
- Bigger bonuses. Most new casinos online offer bigger bonuses to online craps players to stand out from the competition. Players may benefit more when they opt for craps rather than games such as blackjack and roulette, which have already gained immense popularity online. For instance, with a sign-up bonus, players don't need to deposit before they can play craps.
- Simple to play. New online casinos offer a variety of online casino games with different rules and complexities. However, regardless of the online casino platform, online craps is extremely easy to play, even for beginners.
- Free play. Land-based casinos will rarely allow to play for free. In contrast, most new online casinos provide craps in demo modes, allowing to learn the game and practice betting techniques before real-money gameplay.
Best Craps Bonuses in New Casinos
Craps are not slots, so bonuses such as free spins won't be useful. However, most new online casinos know that craps is a popular game, and that's why they offer other types of bonuses. They include the following:
- Match deposit bonus: This bonus gives players a percentage of their deposited amount as a bonus. For example, if you deposit $200, the casinos will match it with an extra 50%, 100%, or any other percentage.
- Sign-up bonus: Sometimes, new online casinos will give new players free credits just for joining the casino. These credits can be used to play any game offered by the online casino, including craps.
How to Play Craps
Craps is among the most exciting casino games from all the table games on offer. To begin playing, a shooter who is one of the players is required to bet on the Pass Line or the Don't Pass Line. Player is presented with multiple dice from which two that will be rolled are picked. The rules are that the shooter must use one hand to roll the dice that must hit the opposite end of the table.
For the players who are not yet ready to roll the dice, they can bet on the thrower. The game is played in rounds that contain two phases each.
Online Craps Basic Strategy
Craps is one of the games where the house has a minimal advantage. Of course, the first step towards succeeding in betting on craps is setting a loss limit and knowing the right time to walk away from a session.
The basic strategy for winning craps is going for the Pass / Don't Pass, and the Come / Don't Come bets as the house advantage on these is at 1.40 percent. This can actually be lowered further, but only if a player chooses to lay or take odds. Other bets that present players with an excellent chance for winning are Place 6, Place 8, and Field 2 and 12 every once in a while.
Are you a beginner at online craps? If so, there are a few things you should know before playing. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Always bet the Pass Line. While craps have many options to bet on, new online casinos will encourage you to start with the pass line. The reason why is because it has better odds than other bets.
- Don't chase losses. Losses are a part of online craps, and it is very easy to start chasing your losses. Don't let this happen - if you have a string of bad luck, take a break from online craps before going back in with real money.
- Play for free first. If online craps is new to you, it's a good idea to play the game for free first so that your betting skills improve. After that, you can play with real money.
- Don't get too excited. There is a natural tendency to get excited when you see online craps wagers but always play calmly and cautiously; do not get caught up in the excitement of a win or a gamble.
- Grab welcome bonuses. New online craps players will often find that online casinos offer bonuses to play. Always take these up on their offers, as they could help you turn the tide in your online craps game. Besides, bonuses add credit to your online casino account.
Craps Tips for Advanced Players
If you are an online casino veteran or already know how online craps work, you should be aware of these online craps tips.
- Develop your craps strategy. Using a strategy in your craps game is a great idea, as it will help you gain confidence in what you do and increase your odds of winning. For instance, concentrating on one or two game variants will enable you to better master how they work, ensuring that you stand a better chance of success.
- Use online craps calculators. Calculators are a great way of determining what the best online craps bet is at any particular moment. So if online craps strategies aren't something you are fond of, this might be a good alternative.
- Know your limits. It is easy to underestimate how much you are willing to lose when gambling online. This can be a costly mistake. Set yourself online craps limits and stick to them, and you will be on your way to becoming a more successful player.
Online Craps Odds
Understanding online craps odds is important for any online casino player, whether experienced or not. The odds vary with factors such as bet type and the new casino online you're playing at. Hence, you should always check the odds on your casino before placing a bet online.
Odds According to Bet Type
As mentioned above, online craps odds vary according to bet type. In general, online craps odds are as follows:
- Place 6 / Place 8 have the odds of 7:6
- Pass bet 1:1
- Come bet 1:1
- Don't Come bet 1:1
- Don't Pass bet 1:1
- Field bet 2:1 on 2 and 12, and 1:1 odds on 3, 4, 9, 10, and 11
Odds and the House Edge
Even beginners know that high odds come with a high house edge and vice versa. A house edge is an advantage that the casino has over players. Every craps game is designed such that the casino always has the upper hand. And this is not unique to craps; all other casino games are designed this way. Hence, it pays for new casino players to reduce the house edge by applying some useful tips.
New Craps Games
Undoubtedly, one of the best things about the craps game is its versatility when it comes to variations. Game developers work round the clock to ensure players have great experiences while playing the game. The game has, of course, evolved over the years.
Some of the most common variations players are likely to find in many old and new casinos include BankCraps, Crapless Craps, High Point Craps, Newyork Craps, Simplified Craps, card-based variations, Diceless Craps as well as craps with both cards and dice. It is safe to say that the most popular online form is Bank Craps, but generally, there is a range to choose from.
New Casinos, New Craps
If you are a fan of craps and don't mind being a little adventurous, one of the best ways to satiate your hunger for new craps variations is playing at newly established casinos. In such casinos, you are double sure of getting new games you might not have come across on other casino's sites. The selection at new casinos, in most cases, includes new varieties of craps as well as the most common variations, such as Bank Craps.
Technology continues to present new opportunities for table games such as craps. For players looking for the most exciting experiences, new casinos will offer precisely that. These casinos go for the most recent and updated technology to set themselves apart from the rest.
As in any other sector, the gaming industry is driven by innovation. To serve their customers better, new casinos online go for the latest technology. It's not a secret that many casino operators are looking to offer players life-changing experiences. The only way to achieve this is through new technology.
Playing Craps Online with Real Money
Many new online casinos offer craps games to real-money players. You can play craps online for real money once you have a trustworthy online casino by your side. But there are also free play sites that don't require you to fund your account but may require you to download their app to use it.
Difference between Free Play and Real Money Sites
Just as they sound, free play online casinos are casino sites online where you can play craps for free. Most of them don't tend to offer real money craps at all. However, if they do, it's only in limited supply or on a separate site optimized for real money gameplay. All you need to do is sign up and start playing. In fact, some free-play casinos don't require you to open an account.
On the other hand, real money online casinos do require an investment on players' part before they can start playing craps. But the experience is much more rewarding, however, because players are actually trying to win money rather than just playing online craps for fun. An added benefit: real money sites also offer lots of bonuses.
However, make sure to do your research before you start playing online craps for real money. For instance, find out if the selected new casino site is licensed. Check CasinoRank's new casino reviews to see more details about each provider.
As early as the 12th century, craps was already in existence in the form of a game named Hazard. Initially, it was an affair of European aristocrats. Sir William of Tyre learned Hazard from the Romans during the Third Crusade. It is believed that the Romans borrowed the game from Greece, although there is no scientific evidence to support this claim.
Hazard would become popular in Europe during the Middle Ages, and noblemen and royalty would also embrace it. The game would then expand to Acadia in the 1700s, a then French colony (the French brought the game to the colony). When the colonization of Acadia ended, the French went to Louisiana, where they introduced a Hazard version known as creps. The name was later changed to craps by the Americans.
John H. Winn would later (in the early 20th century) revolutionize craps, introducing the famous Don't Pass bet and a different table layout, among other changes. Today, almost every offline and new online casino offers craps, and the game has become a favorite for millions of people globally.
About the author
Emilia Torres, hailing from the captivating city of Valparaíso, is the gaming maven at NewCasinoRank. Fusing a Latin flair with an unparalleled gaming acumen, she deciphers the ever-evolving world of casino games, keeping players well-informed and enthralled.